Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Review of The Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck

I was already a fan of Rachel Hauck’s writing, having enjoyed the Lowcountry romances (Sweet Caroline, Love Starts with Elle, and Dining with Joy).  But I LOVED The Wedding Dress.  I could not put it down, and I read it in a day.  Rachel has a masterful way of intertwining the stories of four different women who wear the same wedding dress.  I love story lines that go back in time and describe what it was like for women to live in by gone eras with the different societal expectations and roles for women.

The word “redeemed” is used frequently in the story, reminding us of the redeeming love of Jesus.  Rachel Hauck uses the wedding dress as a symbol for the Gospel of Jesus-“it never wears out, it fits everyone who tries it on, it doesn’t need to be altered, and it’s always in style.”



I enjoyed this book immensely and would highly recommend it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment